REFLECT/DISCUSS: on your own or in your small group, take some time to reflect on these points provided by Pastor Mark
Read Matthew 28:18-20
This week, we are building on the concept of discipleship as introduced, last week, in Mathew 28.
1. What is your understanding of what it means to be a disciple?
2. What is the relationship between the terms “disciple” and “discipline”?
3. What are some ways the practice of spiritual disciplines can be misused?
4. What is the goal of Christian discipleship? (hint: the answer is relational in nature ☺)
5. Jesus said that being a disciple means more than just coming to him (see Luke 14:26). Are you a disciple? If you admit that you are not currently living as a disciple, will you commit to following Jesus completely? Will you commit to reflecting on the different disciplines we shall introduce over the next eight weeks and consider appropriating them as part of your faith walk?
To pray with someone, or make a personal ministry appointment with one of our prayer team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate in our secure, online giving and tithes, and/or to help meet a need in our community, click the corresponding link below.